v. in·spired, in·spir·ing, in·spires
1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence.
2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion: hymns that inspire the congregation; an artist who was inspired by Impressionism.
a. To stimulate to action; motivate: a sales force that was inspired by the prospect of a bonus.
b. To affect or touch: The falling leaves inspired her with sadness.
4. To draw forth; elicit or arouse: a teacher who inspired admiration and respect.
5. To be the cause or source of; bring about: an invention that inspired many imitations.
6. To draw in (air) by inhaling.
a. To breathe on.
b. To breathe life into.
1. To stimulate energies, ideals, or reverence: a leader who inspires by example.
2. To inhale.
Today’s word of the day is inspire. I wasn’t really sure what to do, this project might be a little harder than I thought. Anyways, I picked this word because I am hoping to get inspired for this blog! I get inspired after I read a really good book, when I am not in tears because of the ending or because I finished the book and now I don’t know what to do with my life anymore. I’ve said before that I want to be a writer, so I start a book or the storyline, and then the next day I have lost all hope of writing the book. So I read and the cycle continues! So, inspire everyone!