Hi guys! I play clarinet, i’ve been playing for a year and I love it. Tomorrow is my first concert of the school year, and I am sooooo excited! I love concerts, I love playing for audiences…. So I decided to make a list of all the reasons why I love performing and band. 🙂 I like lists and pictures. Although, I like Marvel and X-Men better than the Justice League. Sorry DC lovers!
- I like when the songs sound right, when nothing goes wrong and we sound great
- I like when the clarinets have a solo, when the slightly annoying and high (hopefully not squeaking) sound of the clarinets rises above everyone else.
- I also like when just I have the solo….
- I like seeing everyone’s outfits. Even if we all have to wear white above black it’s interesting to see everyone’s different combinations. I think that what people wear says something about them.
- I like the feeling in the air before the concert, when we are eating, getting changed, sitting in our seats, putting our instruments together, the moment before we play.
- When we are playing, when all the hard work that was put into the song is worth it.
- I like the applause after the song is finished.
Oh, and by the way this isn’t like the band above. I just liked the picture. Some things I dislike about performing is…
- I sit next to the saxophones and in front of the trumpets, I swear one day I am going to go deaf.
- When I squeak
- When other people mess up
- When I get lost
- When the music sheet falls to the ground
- When the concert ends. All that hard work for an hour of playing? Not even an hour…
So, kind of a useless post but I wanted to share this. Playing clarinet is really important to me, and brings me much happiness. Also, I won’t be posting tomorrow. Wish me luck! And have a great day and week!!!