Hey guys! The spectacular bloggers behind the blogs octoberjune and allisonleighan have shared a wonderful plan for this new year. This project is called #yearofhappy. Together they came up with monthly prompts that help you focus on all the happy things in the world. I think this is a wonderful project and I am happy to participate!
This is January’s prompt: Write a love letter to yourself. Write all the reasons you’re awesome, write down your hopes and dreams for the year ahead, any resolutions, heck, write what you had for lunch. Share why you’re grateful for 2014 and what you want to achieve in 2015. Share whatever you want – it’s your letter.
Wow. This past year has been one of many new things. New school, new friends, new revelations, new discoveries, new interests, new you. You used to say that you didn’t believe anyone could change in just a year. I guess you proved yourself wrong. But despite all these changes, despite how much you have changed, you still let people tell you what to believe. You still let a few words make you miserable. If you can only change one thing, change that. Stand up for what you believe in, stand up for yourself. Don’t let people influence how you feel about yourself. You are amazing, beautiful, artistic and smart. Don’t let them take that from you.
You also have a bad habit of not finishing what you start. So this year you are going to accomplish these tasks (I know you can do it if you put your mind to it) :
– Bookish Bingo (This wonderful post by Rosie explains this awesome game!) I want you to finish the intermediate challenge. Even if you don’t usually like memoirs.
– Finish this challenge. Post once a month for this challenge. That means that you have to blog this entire year. It won’t be hard, you love this and you know it. Just don’t give up, writing is a part of you.
– Learn guitar. Seriously, you have a guitar let is stop gathering dust!
– Every month do something out of the ordinary. Discover something new every month.
– Enjoy the little moments. Your ‘theme’ for this year is to not waste it. Sometimes you get annoyed by the less important moments. Don’t. Take a moment to breath and realize there is beauty everywhere.
– Learn to trust your new friends. Not everyone is trying to disappoint you or betray you. Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone has to leave. Stop acting like you expect them to disappear, they like hanging out with you. Its not just you, I promise. If you expect them to leave then they will.
Taylor. (P.S. Make this year great!)
So there six goals for this year. Well, really seven if we include the first paragraph. 🙂 I am excited to do the next prompts! Have a great week.